A Determined Hockey Player

The title of my artwork is A Determined Hockey Player. It is a poster for Heritage Month. My artwork has a border, two background colors, and an image of Willie O’Ree. I used different colors that attracted the eyes of my viewers. I created my artwork in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. I used various tools to change the background, person color, and type. My love of sports inspires my artwork. I love all sports, but my favorite is hockey. Willie O’Ree was a great person to pick because he was a hockey player and, more importantly, the first black person to play in the National Hockey League. I aimed to make the poster the colors of the team he played for. After I did that, I realized it did not look perfect, so I changed to colors I liked better. My main goal was to make a poster to catch someone’s eye. I think that I achieved my goal. By creating this poster, I learned how to use Adobe Photoshop and learned new tools in Adobe Illustrator. I also learned more about Willie O’Ree himself.